Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Midnight Thoughts

It's midnight. The whole day is over. 24 hours, 1440 minutes, and 86400 seconds gone. What did I achieve? What did I wish happen that didn't? What am I even doing with my life?
This is the time I lay in my bed, with thousands of thoughts swirling in my mind. I think about why I ate that cookie, I gained extra calories for no reason. I think about the smile I could have gave in the hall, people probably think I'm rude now. I think about the conversation I should have had with my mom, asking her how her day was, instead of her asking me.
It's midnight. I lay here thinking about all my regrets, yet I forget about all the good deeds. This isn't a depressing blog writing away my sorrows. I should be happy that I worked out and am staying fit in a healthy way. I should be grateful I gave advice to a friend who trusted me enough to ask for some. I should be thankful for the trip to New York City my parents just paid for.
We learn from regrets, and eventually we find something good in them. They shape us as humans.
As Marilyn Monroe said, "Fear is stupid. So are regrets".
The clock is ticking, so take advantage of each second. When the hand hits midnight and you're laying in bed, think about how today can make tomorrow better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)